Honda Grom Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What about this as a competitor?

Add some BW200/350 triples and swap a rear to the front (and a few other minor things)... Angle grinder here, angle grinder there... Little fat tire monkeybike...

·
Registered
10 Posts
A friend of mine commutes on one of these portly little things almost everyday and loves every minute...that fat back tire gives it an awesome look right out of the box

·
Registered
187 Posts
i had (2) TW200's. One off road. One for street use (had street tires). I am thinking it is a much bigger bike than the Grom.

·
Registered
187 Posts
both those pictures are modifications of a stock Yamaha TW200 Trailway. Made since 1987, still made today. One of many very unique fqactory bikes I have owned in the last 20 years.

·
Registered
192 Posts
What about this as a competitor?

Add some BW200/350 triples and swap a rear to the front (and a few other minor things)... Angle grinder here, angle grinder there... Little fat tire monkeybike...

just looking at this side shot of it, it has me thinking how it will look as a trike with those same tires and wheels.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes the TW200 is much larger especially in seat height. Its nearly unstoppable in the sand though :) yes I would take a tw200 for free ina second..and I would never sell it.

·
Super Moderator
1,004 Posts
Rode a tw before. Will go through anything. Silly slow on roads(grom will be faster). Cant jump them though

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
234 Posts
Always loved the TDubs and thought it was more of a modern day Honda Trail than anything else. Yeah, I know it's a Yamaha and that large rear tire makes this bike look unique more so than your average dual sport that looks the same as any other dirt bike.

Would love to own one someday.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts