Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i got my Tyga Maggot slip on exhaust installed, did the airbox mod and put on my Tidy Tail (newversion) Fender Eliminator. And here is what the GROM now looks and sounds like. Just a few more items and I will be done for awhile. Oh yeah I did have to make a small spacer for the exhaust bolt to get the can to clear the license plate frame.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHNdaNYPtnc]2014 Honda Grom W/ Tyga Maggot Exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

·
Registered
62 Posts
Do you not think your going to slowly damage your turn signal? I had a bike set up like this and the exhaust turned the turn signal black over time lol hopefully it doesnt melt it!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you not think your going to slowly damage your turn signal? I had a bike set up like this and the exhaust turned the turn signal black over time lol hopefully it doesnt melt it!
Most likely, but I rode around for 10-15min after and it wasn't to hot and figured when it was completely shot I'd replace them with something smaller. Or might come up with some other idea before then.
Thanks.

·
Registered
995 Posts
It sounds great, looks a bit weird on the grom. Would you be able to do a riding video for us just so we can hear how it sounds out on the road going at different speed ranges?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It sounds great, looks a bit weird on the grom. Would you be able to do a riding video for us just so we can hear how it sounds out on the road going at different speed ranges?
I don't have a gopro but might be able to round one up over the weekend.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Not sure I like the way the exhaust is designed to be honest, feel like it needs to come up and follow the line of the fender more towards the bottom of the muffler

Im still waiting for osmeone to make a cheap under body exhaust with just a header and a megaphone tip

·
Registered
77 Posts
That is one of the funkiest exhaust I have seen so far for the grom. Unique though for sure.

Is there a baffle or db killer in there?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all. I ordered it because it seemed like everyone was going Carbon and I live by "Do not go where the path may lead; Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." In person the bike looks really clean and mean plus I shaved around 6lbs. Daddysmut made a really nice under body you might want to check that out. Yes it has a baffle in it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts