Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just finished making an underbody exhaust using a Dsection xr50 can, some GY6 header and the stock header. took about an hour to make with a total cost of $34. the tip of the can is angled so it blows the exhaust away from the tire. sounds great and no back fire.

sounds nasty

·
Registered
134 Posts
AHHH that will really sweeten it up. I couldn't get the vid to play, i'll have to try it later

·
Registered
134 Posts
Finally got the video clip to play on my computer, man that thing sounds mean and looks great. Great job. Did you do the air box mod? If so how is the throttle response?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
"after making the exhaust last night i did the DIY airbox mod this morning and took it for a ride (also reset the ECM/EFI). definitely more torque, sounds delicious too!

so stock i would consistently hit 57mph sitting up and the occasional 59mph

after both mods, i'm consistently hitting 60mph and the occasional 62mph

i didn't get to do a full tuck test run yet but pre-mod i would hit 64mph consistently.

oh, i also had cargo shorts on that were blowing up like a parachute...doesn't sound like much but these little things matter on little bikes trying to go fast"

:)

·
Registered
336 Posts
I really wanna do this too, but I'm worried about it bottoming out. I don't intend on doing anything crazy with my Grom, but I've had cars with low hanging exhausts (doesn't help they were lowered) and it seemed like I couldn't go anywhere without scraping something.

I'd like to hear how you're doing with it after a few months of daily (or almost daily) driving.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts