Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being unfamiliar with the Grom, is it suitable for traveling on an interstate highway? I live in the hills north of the city and the easiest way to town is on I-25 but will I be in fear of getting run over?
MM

·
Registered
93 Posts
We've been told that 65 is about the top end. I wouldn't want to be on the interstate on something that can't get out of its own way at that speed. This seems to be more suited for urban hooligan antics.

Reactions: xkumak

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've been on tiny, low-powered bikes on the freeway before, but I am also a small 125lb girl and stick to the slow lane. Also, if you ride with others on the freeway, they will make fun of the lawnmower sound you make. Other than that, do what you gotta' do.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Seems like this is a really common question. Answer is pretty much the same across the board.

Its possible but I don't think it's meant for that.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've been on tiny, low-powered bikes on the freeway before, but I am also a small 125lb girl and stick to the slow lane. Also, if you ride with others on the freeway, they will make fun of the lawnmower sound you make. Other than that, do what you gotta' do.
you're nuts, i wouldn't go near the freeway even if it did 80

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here in CA, the minimum displacement to ride a two wheeler on the interstate is 250cc.

So if you live in CA it would be illegal for freeway/interstate use.

Sent from some shady person's basement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts