Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I bought a spare Grom stock exhaust system online I decided to paint the heat shield plastic from that spare system and I will put it on the RED Grom to give it a little contrast.

I washed the plastic and wiped it down. I then took a hair dryer on high and went over the plastic with the dryer just to heat up the plastic to temp. I took the engine enamel VHT univ aluminum color and sprayed the under side of the plastic first than I let it dry for about 7 minutes and I sprayed another coat. I then flipped the plastic over and heated the top with the hair dryer to temp and I sprayed the top. I waited 7-10 minutes and sprayed a second coat. I will let it cure for a couple of hours "7 hours" then I will spray a second and third coat.

I hope the paint will stick to the plastic if it doesn't no biggie.

The paint I used which I bought from Auto-Zone
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 640x426.

tools of the trade, "my mobile shop-cardboard box"
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 640x426.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good. I saw hair dryer and thought you may have bought something that whines and compresses air... Haha
updated the silver color and stripped some of the silver off because at certain angle looking at the exhaust shield it made the shield look too fat so I got it part Black and silver which looks better to me.

compare all silver to part silver

looks better to me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.