Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be picking the bike up shortly, and I'll have more pictures to add later. For right now. Here's what's been done:

Fuzeblock FZ-1
Backoff Brake Light Flasher
Moriwaki low Exhaust
Mondo Motos LED Driving Lights.
USB Power Outlet
Standard Power Outlet.
H2C Crash Bungs
Airbox Mod.
HEL Brake Lines

Airbox mod. I just turned the snorkle around, replaced the paper filter with UNI foam and added UNI filter buttons to the airbox cover.

Mondo Motos LED driving lights. The switch is Highway Dirt Bikes Perch switch. The brackets were fashioned from scrap found in the shop. I have something a little more elegant coming from Twisted Throttle. But Adam does great electrical work. I take all my electrical work to him.

Fuzeblock FZ-1 and Backoff Brake Light Flasher.

Moriwaki Exhaust.

HEL Brake Lines.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has a great sound. Not crazy loud at all. I like it a lot. I'm going to ride it all day tomorrow and see how it all comes together.

Reactions: Capn Kirk

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More photos.

Here are the rest of the photos. I'm going to try a Phillips HS1 35w Halogen from Ebay. Seller in Hong Kong. I do have the under cowl, seat cowl and fork pre loaders coming from Tyga. After that, I'm going to try to call this project complete. I do have the set of black plastics that came with the bike, that I'm going to wrap in a P40 version that I got from Power Sports Wraps.

Cockpit shot with USB and 12v power outlet.

R&G Frame Sliders.

H2C Swing arm sliders. I have the fork sliders too.

Moriwaki Exhaust.

Glamour shots.

Reactions: Bukuinc

·
Registered
187 Posts
You might want to go for adding an onboard voltmeter, due to the driving lights alone. I am not sure how sure how strong the charging system is on that bike. If you overcome the charging output and start using battery power, it isn't going to last long with that tiny battery.
Problem is that in 15+ years I have not come across too many voltmeters that I like.
Must have 2 decimal place read-out for me to even consider it. No red/yellow/green idiot lights.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You might want to go for adding an onboard voltmeter, due to the driving lights alone. I am not sure how sure how strong the charging system is on that bike. If you overcome the charging output and start using battery power, it isn't going to last long with that tiny battery.
Problem is that in 15+ years I have not come across too many voltmeters that I like.
Must have 2 decimal place read-out for me to even consider it. No red/yellow/green idiot lights.
Those LED lights probably draw less than the main light. I'm not too worried about it.

Is the FZ fuse block so you can add the extra lights?
That, and add anything you want. Instead of having a bunch of devices connected to the battery posts, there is only the fuzeblock connected to the battery. Everything else is connected to the fuzeblock.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How do the axle sliders mount?
Pull the caps off, pull the axles out, put the silver part on, reinstall the axles, screw the caps on. Personally, I think they are more for looks. They just don't look like they would take a hit very well. If T-Rex comes out with something, I'll get that. The R&G axle sliders didn't look any better. They mount with set screws. In the end, I went with the H2C.

I did like the R&G frame sliders. They are very sturdy. I also have the exhaust protector, that was pretty slick too.

Reactions: hrcnick11

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
More photos. New mirrors and electronics.

Cockpit photo with the electronics powered. I'm using the Bilt Modular Bluetooth helmet. It works great.

Aprilla Tuono mirrors.

R&G Muffler Protector.

Found some cool Michelin Man stickers from an ebay seller in Denmark.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Tell me about what you like and don't like about the exhaust. Wanting that exhaust system for my bike. Where did you get that protection ring for you pipe. Did it help low end and mid range. Lost of questions. One last one did you install the fork preoaders.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks! I was hoping someone would throw that out. I was going to ask this morning. :D I'm going to order one right now.

Rats! Does not support IOS7. :(

Tell me about what you like and don't like about the exhaust. Wanting that exhaust system for my bike. Where did you get that protection ring for you pipe. Did it help low end and mid range. Lost of questions. One last one did you install the fork preoaders.

Thanks for your help
There's nothing I don't like about the exhaust. Worth every penny. I love the looks and the sound. The header pipe is turning a nice, even bronze color. My butt dyno isn't very sensitive, but I think it pulls a bit better. I think the only way to make the Grom better is to add more thrust. When they get the bugs worked out of the big bore kits, I'll be getting the 150. The protection ring I got off the internet. I don't remember the dealer. I'm seeing R&G stuff on Ebay now. It's a supermoto protector. I do not have the preloaders yet. Thanks for the questions. Good luck with your build. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.