Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When do you think it will be possible to find used Groms for sale? Are they out there right now? Maybe wait a year or so?

The Grom will be a super cheap bike to buy used. Sounds great for cheapskates like me who are willing to wait it out.

I'll start to monitor Craigslist :D

·
Registered
995 Posts
For all we know there could be used groms on the classifieds right now, I wouldn't be surprised to see one on this forum within the next few months.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That is not actually that bad of a price he is asking. He did about $1400 worth of mods that I can count. Add in the tax and dealer fees, he will probably just be breaking even.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I mean the point of seeing if there were used bikes available was to get it cheaper, not to get it more expensive, but it does prove that used Grom are already being sold.

If I make changes to the Grom I want to do it myself, or at least choose what changes I want to make.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am always keeping an eye on what is going on on Craigslist classifieds. You can find some amazing stuff on there. Some people don't know the value of what they are trying to sell, so you can get things for super cheap if you don't fall prey to a guilty conscience.

I think the point of buying used is to get a discount, so I wouldn't buy something used for more money than the fresh product. Who is this wife who let her husband do so much work on this bike and then was like i want a different bike, you can sell that one. She sounds like a nightmare.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I am always keeping an eye on what is going on on Craigslist classifieds. You can find some amazing stuff on there. Some people don't know the value of what they are trying to sell, so you can get things for super cheap if you don't fall prey to a guilty conscience.

I think the point of buying used is to get a discount, so I wouldn't buy something used for more money than the fresh product. Who is this wife who let her husband do so much work on this bike and then was like i want a different bike, you can sell that one. She sounds like a nightmare.
Thats the beauty of it all plus you can negotiate prices down quite a bit, when people know you have cash in hand ready to go, that's a big push for them to sell, especially if they really need the cash :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yea many of the people who are selling things on craigslist are eager to get rid of whatever they are selling. So given that you an often get them to bring the price down. Or the price is already so good that you can just go and get it from the fast. It feels nice giving money to someone instead of a business. You know that that money is going to help that person out instead of going to miscellaneous business expenses.

You can find ANYTHING on Craigslist!

I'll post any Groms that I find on craigslist just so that you guys can see what is out there.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Biggest thing is the mentality of gold. Some people see the Grom right now as "I want all my money back" if they're getting out of it, but unless a used grom is under 3500 it's not worth it, in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
there's like 8 on philly craigslist...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts