1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
26 Posts
I saw that too. I don't understand how "financing falls thru". I would think that they wouldn't allow him to leave with the bike if credit was questionable.

I would take him a stack of hundreds and see if he was willing to take a little loss on the deal if I didn't have one already!

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Yea, would the financing be FINALIZED before leaving with the bike... sketchy, probably got it for less than that and is turning a quick $200-300 profit....

·
Registered
149 Posts
That top box would come off first thing. First, I hate the look of it. Second, I don't care if it's a Givi box, it's UGLY. Third, It's taller than the rest of the bike.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yeah I'm dealing with ahfc right now a little over a hundred miles on the bike and I get a call from the dealer saying that Honda needs a larger deposit to finance a sport bike lol. I'm gonna go with I have a signed contract AND I was approved twice because the 30 days was up a week before the bike finally showed up. Possession is 9/10ths of the law right?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Yeah I'm dealing with ahfc right now a little over a hundred miles on the bike and I get a call from the dealer saying that Honda needs a larger deposit to finance a sport bike lol. I'm gonna go with I have a signed contract AND I was approved twice because the 30 days was up a week before the bike finally showed up. Possession is 9/10ths of the law right?
Right. If you have the bike and the signed agreement they have no ground...

A while back jalopnik I think ran a story where a guy bought an SUV but hated the color, came back and traded it up for a different color which happened to be loaded, they signed it over without noticing a price difference and then tried to collect later and he was arrested for theft, which was bogus and they ended up having to settle with him....

·
Registered
31 Posts
yeah my buddy had the financing fall thru before. they let him trade in a car, sign all the paperwork, and leave with the car. a couple days later, the dealership called and he had to take the car back lol. he ended up with a slightly cheaper car at the end of the day.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
yeah my buggy had the financing fall thru before. they let him trade in a car, sign all the paperwork, and leave with the car. a couple days later, the dealership called and he had to take the car back lol. he ended up with a slightly cheaper car at the end of the day.
If all the paperwork is signed... Th financing has gone through.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yup just got a lower rate and 200 off for a $200 deferred down payment. He screwed up the financing by running it through as a pcx125 because the grom wasn't in their system. Came out paying less than 80 bux a month

·
Registered
154 Posts
Well the dealer was very vague when he called me and said there was an issue with financing and ahfc wanted a larger deposit. When he ran my financing back in June there was no grom on the application so he ran it through as a pcx125 and adjusted the price to match otd on the grom. Why I don't know but his mistake is my gain. I pretty much told him he could be stuck with a used bike or meet my terms. Overall I just saved over 500 bucks on the deal between the Apr dropping 1%, them matching my deposit and dropping the price. It probably didn't hurt that I didn't haggle the initial deal.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Funny... I was on campus a few days ago and noticed a few bikes, but no Grom. There was a Buell Blast, a Ninja 250, Ninja 300, some metric "chopper" and a suzuki 250 cruiser. Looks like he picked it up at DFW Honda. I wonder if he's the guy that didn't show up on the first day to grab it. He's making a few bucks. If he didn't get a warranty, then he's making probably 500 bills on the sale.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts