Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is what I know so far:

Example of Grom VIN Number: MLHJC3123E5000123

ML (Country Manufactured) - THAILAND
H (Manufacturer) - HONDA
J (Country of Manufacturer) - JAPAN
E (Model Year) - 2014
5 (Factory of Manufacture)

And I guess the last 3 numbers would be what number Grom that came off the assembly line.

Don't know what the "C" and the four numbers after it mean.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Thanks for breaking it down, it sure seems like this is it. Maybe that number after the C represent the model of bike it is?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Here is what I know so far:

Example of Grom VIN Number: MLHJC3123E5000123

ML (Country Manufactured) - THAILAND
H (Manufacturer) - HONDA
J (Country of Manufacturer) - JAPAN
E (Model Year) - 2014
5 (Factory of Manufacture)

And I guess the last 3 numbers would be what number Grom that came off the assembly line.

Don't know what the "C" and the four numbers after it mean.
I guess that means I'm number 1485. Anyone hear if they had a limited run for this year?

·
Registered
114 Posts
The C could be, along with the number code, the destination country.

US bikes are different from Thai bikes and from Euro bikes and I think even Euro bikes are different from UK bikes

·
Registered
995 Posts
I guess that means I'm number 1485. Anyone hear if they had a limited run for this year?

My understanding was they would build as many as needed, haven't heard anything about a production cap.

The C could be, along with the number code, the destination country.

US bikes are different from Thai bikes and from Euro bikes and I think even Euro
bikes are different from UK bikes
This would make sense, I do remember this with other vehicles, they always have one letter representing the country of destination.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The letter indicates the country. The bike codes are different for each country. In general, each transport has its own separate vin number. One of my bikes came across a number with a two-digit combination of 13. I had never believed in superstition before, so I did not pay attention to it. It was the only bike that I constantly had various problems with. For 2 months of owning it, I got into 3 accidents, several times it was repaired, and also once they tried to steal it ... I despaired and sold it for spare parts. When I was buying a new motorcycle, I noticed the VIN code and there was a combination 144. I was curious to know what this means and read this article https://www.sunsigns.org/angel-number-144-meaning/. This motorcycle has been with me for several months and I have never had any problems with it (the models are the same by the way). Apparently I'll have to believe in the magic of numbers ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts