Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So she's almost done, put the one side back together to get y'all a pic. It's carbon fiber vinyl wrap. I went with blacked out decals for now, but they'll be changing when I get the color in that I want. Don't mind the crap on the pictures, there's something stuck behind the lens.

·
Registered
108 Posts
After seeing this vinyl wrap I would consider it for my Grom. I would have to do it in black though. I'm not a big fan of the "murdering out" trend, but with the texture of the carbon fiber I think all black would look really cool. Is this hard to do?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
redbull and corona.

good choice :D

does look nice though. I like how you put the honda logo back to make it look like it was original.

Reactions: Bukuinc

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys! It wasn't to expensive to do. Cost less than new plastics, but I'm sure if you paid someone to do it, the cost would be more expensive than practical. The first panels I did (the left side front, which is 2 pieces) took about 2 hours each. I got a little bit quicker as I went on, and got my time down to about 1 hour per piece. It was definitely a pain in the ass, but I love it!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks guys! It wasn't to expensive to do. Cost less than new plastics, but I'm sure if you paid someone to do it, the cost would be more expensive than practical. The first panels I did (the left side front, which is 2 pieces) took about 2 hours each. I got a little bit quicker as I went on, and got my time down to about 1 hour per piece. It was definitely a pain in the ass, but I love it!
I feel like this is one of those things that if you do it wrong it takes forever to correct. Like if there is a wrinkle in it, or you get the angle just slightly off. I can see myself getting super frustrated already. i would call in a friend for some help just to make sure it went smoothly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts