Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda has just announced the official pricing of the Grom in Canada. The 125cc-class bike is going to retail for $3,199. This is unfortunately $200 more than what Honda said it would be when it first announced the bike.

The slight price hike should be off-set by fuel cost savings in no time given the engine powering the Grom though, so don't worry to much.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm pulling the trigger on CBR250 or Grom within' next number of weeks... I'lll let u guys know how I make out price wise. I'm thinking whatever I buy (say I get Grom first)... I'll get the other in a years time to complete my lil' collection.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I'm pulling the trigger on CBR250 or Grom within' next number of weeks... I'lll let u guys know how I make out price wise. I'm thinking whatever I buy (say I get Grom first)... I'll get the other in a years time to complete my lil' collection.
GL, Grom goes for $3,199 meanwhile CBR250R's are on a manufacturer discounted price of $3,999 down from $4,499.

It's going to be really tempting to get the CBR over grom.

·
Registered
9 Posts
thanks for the update, i always knew it would be priced more in Canada than in the U.S. $200 isn't that much more and it's possible that some people may be able to negotiate that $200 off.
Canadian Dealer cost is somewhere around 2850 before freight, so negotiation isn't going to get you much knocked off the price of the machine.

Dealers have to make money on small bikes too, or they don't bother selling them. Think about that next time you're haggling over the 8% margin they're making.

Try to get a helmet or something thrown in with it, or talk down the dealer fees associated with a new bike (freight, PDI, admin fees, etc).

·
Registered
998 Posts
Don't do it get the Kawi 300 serious

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGGbFdEwhuo]Kawasaki NINJA 300 Versus Honda CBR 250R DRAG RACE - YouTube[/ame]

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
GL, Grom goes for $3,199 meanwhile CBR250R's are on a manufacturer discounted price of $3,999 down from $4,499.

It's going to be really tempting to get the CBR over grom.
In that case just walk yourself right in to the sales desk and settle for the grom and not look at anything else while your there :D

I know what you mena though. THe CBR250R I still see as a different bike, just slightly. The grom is just a bit more radical in my eyes.

·
Registered
140 Posts
$200 dollars more isn't much. If there is no way around it even with negotiation there's nothing you guys can do that will make it any cheaper.

I bet some are thinking of going in to buffalo to get a better deal but will son realized you will end up spending more on import fees and taxes plus gas to get there and back. Not to mention all the hassle with the paper work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.