Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to strip the black paint off my spare Grom swingarm just to see if the metal color will match the color scheme I'm looking for in my Build. The welding connection looks good. It took me 2 day of leisure painting on the stripper and removing the paint.

I will try to wet sand the swingarm and also try to buff out the metal to see what color would come out, if the color does not match what I'm looking for I will power coat the swingarm the silver color I'm looking for.

The starting process
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 640x426.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 640x426.

75% paint off

Nake grom swingarm sure looks ugly

95% stripped

Tried to strip the black paint on this BAR with no luck so must be power coated

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking for more matte finish or going glossy?
I like the raw metal look like my Hayabusa aluminum or the silver color since I'm going to paint my second Grom the same color scheme as my 1999 Hayabusa

I think the copper/silver color is one of the pretties color on a motorcycle that is stock. Only change will be the rims will be raw since I removed the paint from it.

raw grom rims, bought spare rims and strip the paint

stripped paint off

·
Premium Member
941 Posts

Cant wait for more pic's.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Seeing the grom swing arm stripped of all it's paint makes me wonder how it will look when polished :D
Just one more step to follow after stripping it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
So a lot of your Grom will be unfinished metal, but are you going to paint the other parts a copper color? Which parts are going copper? I assume you will be painting them somehow. What method are you planning on using?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts