Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ducati Scrambler Forum

Have you guys heard of the new Ducati Scrambler that should be coming out sometime next year. It is also a pretty affordable bike and it will run on a 696cc motor. hearing about it has made me add it to my list of possible bike purchases.

You guys a a bit of a biased audience, but what do you think of the Ducati Scrambler compared to the Grom??

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think everyone was expecting the Scrambler to come with a smaller engine. More around 400cc, but 696cc it is.

They are totally different bikes because of that, but I am only going to buy one bike so I still have to choose.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't trust Ducati anymore. I had a gen 1 multistrada. The tank distorted with the ethanol gas, Ducati knew this and did nothing about it. I sold my Duc before the class action lawsuit made the model completely worthless.

·
Registered
336 Posts
The main reason that I will probably never own a Ducati is their desmodromic valve system. Super awesome engine and awesome technology, but it just requires too much maintenance and I don't have the time or money for all that. Other motors make roughly the same power but still have the longevity without the maintenance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
A 500CC is a better match to that one. There is no comparison between a 125CC and 700CC bike. However, I can see making a comparison between the Grom and a 150CC scooter or maybe a 250CC motorcycle.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm just looking for a casual fun bike to ride. Around town, maybe even to work. For me its mostly about style and enjoyment. I don't need to go super fast.

The Grom seems like a lot of fun, but I'm not sure I will be able to use it as often because of its size.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Grom Vs Ninja 250 anyone?
Which Ninja 250? The new or old? Actually it doesn't change my answer. I'd still pick the Grom over either, but my riding doesn't require me to spend extended periods of time on the highway. I keep seeing these Grom vs XXXXX bike questions come up and unfortunately it's not a fair comparison. It's like asking Ford F650 or Chevy Malibu. Well... they are built for drastically different purposes. The same is true with the Grom versus nearly every bigger sized motorcycle.

The Grom is a light, nimble, fun city dweller kind of bike and anything bigger is just impractical in a city. Don't get me wrong... I've ridden a few thousands city miles on my Concours14 which weighs 700lbs and has more power than your average car on the road.... it's certainly possible, but the Grom is far better for that purpose. Likewise, almost any other bike is better at open country roads and highways than the Grom.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The scrambler would be a cool bike to have in the garage... If they fancy up the fenders and use the single swing arm it would be pretty slick.

That said, I think my next bike will be the Honda CB1100. Every other bike in my garage is a Honda, and I think the CB1100 would look good next to my Grom.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I like the idea of the Duc Scrambler, if it had a small engine like a 400 or smaller and priced under $6,000 I would consider it instead of the Grom but not if it had the 696 motor which would make it bigger/heavier/more expensive.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hey mr smith if you have the skills why not convert your Grom into a mini scrambler, all it would take is some little mudders, fender delete, option old school high pipes.

Anything else and were getting into modifying the bodywork which is a pain for almost anyone. Thats my plan at least, and if that falls through I'm going to chop it into a mini-cafe racer just to screw around with

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.