Honda Grom Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you get your Grom, what will your first mods be?

Here are mine... I'm getting black.
- Projector headlight
- remove reflectors
- powder coated black headlight bracket (silver v shaped metal beside headlight)
- powder coated black peg brackets
- exhaust
- undertail or figure a clean way to cut off that stock mudflap.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
My first couple are similar to yours.

First will be the projector headlamp. Most liekly going to have it before I even have the Grom in my possession. Lol at removing the reflectors seems like every one likes a cleaner look. By then hopefully there will be a FE kit and a integrated tail light. and finally would be an exhaust. Still haven't made up my mind yet on which one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
How about an HID kit for your projector headlights! Don't forget about that, I can't stand the dull yellow halogen bulbs. I will be getting a smoked windscreen and the clip on adapter plate from CompisMo. Exhaust will be my last too.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Greg, those headlight "V" things are plastic... gonna have to paint that ;)

You guys must be talking about the silver finish piece that the front turn signals mount in to. i would leave them silver to have a nice contrast going but it all depends on the owner right ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thinking I'll start with an exhaust. That's usually where I've started in the past with cars, so might as well start there on the grom.

Edit: something like this:
I know most people won't like the noise but I think it's pretty slick.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think I might take off the wheels and plastic dip or rattle can the wheels white. it would look nice on the red. How many of you guys are considering to change the wheel colors?

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
106 Posts
I will switch out the headlight and signals to the JDM versions. It is much better looking than the US release version. After that I have no idea.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
projector headlights + hid kit
led clear reflectors/signals
slip on exhaust with custom piping to make it a full exhaust

and of course like others. try to clean up that rear end somehow. look for a nice cowl.

Look into replacing parts with some shiny aluminum parts.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Replace handlebar to a lower and more forward one.
Vinyl wrap the shit out of it because that's what I do for a living
Hey tim what is the life expectancy for vinly wrapped parts? Also if I decide to wrap an exhaust canister will it stay on or last from the heat?

·
Administrator
365 Posts
looks like there is a common trend here. Headlight being the first! lol

So here goes.

Headlight.
Mirrors, probably go with folding bar ends or something like that.
Tidy tail - Have to clean that up.
ComposiMo clip on adapter (depending on how much I hate the bars) Maybe an Mx bar to tidy up the look.. not sure yet.
Exhaust.

There are so many things I want to do based on the aftermarket pics from Thailand. We will just have to see.

Stew

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey tim what is the life expectancy for vinly wrapped parts? Also if I decide to wrap an exhaust canister will it stay on or last from the heat?
You can expect to get 3 to 5 years out of quality vinyl. The vinyl will melt from the exhaust heat, not recommended.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Does anybody recommend plastidipping for the panels? I've heard good things but never used it before. Will it melt under very hot temperatures?

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
I would suggest to go with plastic dip since it just comes right off after when you want to remove it. I heard that with vinyl after a while when you remove it the adhesive or glue is a pain to get off.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts