Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty much every forum (except this one?) has a thread where you just post what you did today. More of a conversation thing and a way to discover mods that aren't as often mentioned without popping into everyone's build thread.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Reactions: Administrator

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's cool that you like the forum enough to put it on your bike.
they gave me a free bike, it's the least i can do :mytruck:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Installed Burns Moto USB port

You can see wire routing and used battery mount bracket to hold wiring in place. I just ran it up under the side panels on same route as main wiring harness....so, it just follows same routing

View of plug mounted and waterproof cap closed

Unit with USB plug inserted

Rider view of plug with wire attached (I used pink cable to make easy to see)

It is ALWAYS LIVE, so it will charge phone or other USB port device with the key in the OFF POSITION....but does not drain battery unless something is plugged in, so as long as you don't have something plugged in, you're all good

My phone plugged in (screenshot) and you can see it is charging (see battery in upper right corner)

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
O you are the guy who won the bike!!!

Congrats. I guess that does make sense why you would put a sticker on there. You must be the biggest fan :D

Did they give you that sticker with the Grom?
got the stickers from the "first 100 to 100 posts" thread

·
Registered
187 Posts
Wow, being a battery guy ... I like that Burns Moto USB port. I have a pigtail and a ZootFresh I use now on my VFR.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I need to get one of those for my big bike. The stickers look great, now people will be able to look up "what the heck was that".

·
Registered
134 Posts
Put on Tyga Maggot Exhaust and did the Air box mod.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Looking good guys, I want to do the usb port but am afraid of some randoms figuring it out and charging their sh!t and draining my battery.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looking good guys, I want to do the usb port but am afraid of some randoms figuring it out and charging their sh!t and draining my battery.

add a relay or wire it to a switched wire (there's one in the headlight for example according to Capn Kirk)

You could also install as engicedave did but instead of taking the +12V directly to the battery, find an ignition switched +12V (powered only when key is in the on position, pwered off when key is off).

This will prevent any drain to the battery when parked.

I found a switched +12V behind the headlight and used it for my voltmeter install here.

·
Registered
114 Posts
When the cap is on, no one will know it's a USB port, or what it is in general, just think it's part of the usual electronic stuff

1 - 20 of 33 Posts