Honda Grom Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since hearing about this bike i've been wondering what the name "grom" means, anyone know what exactly it means? In other parts of the world it's being called the "MSX125"

·
Registered
132 Posts
That's a good question.

I googled Grom and in slang talk it means young surfers. I'm pretty sure that's not the image Honda is going for.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've always heard the surfer term, but you know Honda had to consider the name "cub" again.I would think they where thinking along the same lines.

·
Super Moderator
1,004 Posts
previously discussed: 3 possible meanings
surfer slang: young surfer
british slang: hooligan
russian language: thunder

oh, and there's a polish special forces unit called GROM.

Reactions: LittleZZ

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Hooligan is the best suiting definition at the moment. At first when I heard of it in the slavic definition as thunder i didnt know how to relate the two. But hooligan is understandable ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
The hooligan definition is the most appealing, to me anyway....

I think the young surfer is understandable though.. a friend of mine who is from florida said it meant a surfer just starting out and who hadn't earned his cred yet...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Definitely go with the Hooligan, this thing is not Thunder LOL, but it is a little Hooligan waiting to get into trouble.:motorcycle4_smilie:

·
Registered
36 Posts
When skateboarding we always called the little kids hanging around Groms. Same thing with at bike parks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
At the bicycle store i work at we always refer to the new kids as groms. I think the term means newbie or inexperienced. Which in my opinion would directly relate to this bike, seeing as how with a low price point weight and seat height it would appeal to new riders.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts