Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone here has any problems with their significant other giving them problems about buying the GROM? Or is he/she encouraging? Or is he/she just as excited as you? :p

My girlfriend told me as long as I'm not slappig it on my credit card she'll be happy.

:D please. Not like if I do put it on the credit card you'd stop me :rolleyes:

·
Registered
61 Posts
My gf hates the idea of me getting back on a bike..she witness a motorcycle crash long time ago, guy died on scene. Her father rides with no helmet so she is constantly scared for him when she knows he is out on it, we saw two motorcycle wrecks within a month, 5 min after each happened, one of those is in a coma...granted i wont be getting mine for awhile but have had to convince her im not going to be stupid on it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
motorcycle crashes are usually the result of one of the following....

totally inexperienced rider.
total disregard for our safety by a car.
bad road conditions.

all of the above are the reasons why folks should wear helmets.
Seen too many people die because of not wearing them.
last year was a blood bath around here. This year not so bad.

·
Registered
166 Posts
i haven't told her yet lol i'm sure she's going to think this is just another symptom of my bike "hoarding"....as if i have a problem or something

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My gf hates the idea of me getting back on a bike..she witness a motorcycle crash long time ago, guy died on scene. Her father rides with no helmet so she is constantly scared for him when she knows he is out on it, we saw two motorcycle wrecks within a month, 5 min after each happened, one of those is in a coma...granted i wont be getting mine for awhile but have had to convince her im not going to be stupid on it.
you are going to have to convince yourself first that you aren't going to do anything stupid on it :p

I don't think there is anything wrong with doing stupid things on a GROM.

Just don't do it close to anything that can kill you or at any speeds that will kill you. And wear gear :D

·
Registered
288 Posts
Showed my wife the video and she said, "we need two or three of those for around town". She also has a CBR F4 and rides the mini bikes on the kart tracks, so it's not really a surprise.

·
Registered
12 Posts
No problems! My husband rides and got me into riding with dirt bikes a couple years ago. We originally thought about looking at an SV650 for me, but I didn't want to be intimidated with a bike that big. Once we found the Grom, we both agreed that it would be a great, less intimidating way for me to start. The bike looks fun as hell. If I ever feel like I outgrow it, I can always sell it and trade up for something bigger. Something tells me that this won't happen though. :)

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd just keep the GROM. No point selling it. It's not even worth that much.

There are so many of us who have larger motorcycles who are getting the GROM simply because its fun (ride it at 100% 90% of the time vs riding it 10% 90% of the time)

·
Registered
21 Posts
My husband was the one who told me about the Grom! He is just as excited as I am for me to get another bike.

·
Registered
248 Posts
As my Honda dealer advised me to talk to my wife last Friday night and return the next morning and drop the deposit if she approved after he told me that he had dozens of calls but no deposit as of yet for the FIRST HONDA GROM, I felt my opportunity would have slipped away had I not busted out my wallet right then and there. I wanted red, but this was black. When I showed her pics of the new Grom on Honda's website, she immediately fell in love with the black one. Go figure. It doesn't hurt that it is 2 up capable.

·
Registered
248 Posts
It was karma. I was getting frustrated waiting all week long for aesthetic parts that I ordered from my Honda dealer for my CRF80 when I learned of the MSX. They called and said my parts were in. Before I left, I asked the salesmen about this new "125 street bike" and the rest is history. By the way, who would like to buy a beautiful CRF 80? HaHa! Feel it. Yep.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
congrats on the order zombie.

Reactions: zombie

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm hoping that this bike would be a great introduction to motorcycling for her. My girlfriend HATES the idea of riding, but I think that's because most bikes are too big. If I am lucky enough to win a grom, I think it would be th PERFECT intro bike for her

·
Registered
149 Posts
Showed my wife the video and she said, "we need two or three of those for around town". She also has a CBR F4 and rides the mini bikes on the kart tracks, so it's not really a surprise.
Lucky bastage. :cool:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts