Honda Grom Forums banner

Which would you most likely be interested in?!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Trying to help out a local shop that wants to start making grom accessories, they asked me to try and find out what people are looking for.

Also know they would be here in the states and not cost us $70 in shipping and taking three weeks getting to your door step.

First things first I told them some adjustable rearsets as the stock set is garbage. I also said you should have an option of having a solo rearset style without the passenger peg.

These things will be in the "other" category. This list will also grow as people throw up ideas, if you vote in Other please let me know what other item you are interested in.

-Rear rack
-Bigger Rims
-Single sided swing arm
-A stand designed for the grom
-clutch covers
-stainless brake lines
-gold anodized dress up washers

any ideas would also be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
rather indifferent to risers (need lower bars actually)
but rearsets definitely. and having tried the passenger bit, i don't think i care enough to bring a passenger on the grom (i have an sv for that)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Wheels!!!! I was thinking about custom hubs and spokes but finding a 3.5 wide 14" rim is impossible. They have s speed rated tires in 14" and a wider selection for the.big scooter crowd. Full on aluminum wheels would awesome something wide with gold center and a white lip

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wheels!!!! I was thinking about custom hubs and spokes but finding a 3.5 wide 14" rim is impossible. They have s speed rated tires in 14" and a wider selection for the.big scooter crowd. Full on aluminum wheels would awesome something wide with gold center and a white lip

they are actually looking into doing some extensions on the grom and in the process of building a fatter wheel for it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
not really feeling anything on the list. I would stay away from a stretch kit if they are thinking that. Saw some so far, they look rediculous.
Rear rack would be good, but Honda's is so cheap, not sure they could compete.

How about a rear wheel stand that is designed to fit this bike ....

·
Registered
108 Posts
I voted for the underbody exhaust. That is the only one on the list that I would consider getting. The stock exhaust isn't bad or anything but an underbody exhaust would look cool and would get the exhaust out of your face.

I don't see why you would want handle bar risers. It would make the Grom look ridiculous IMO.

·
Registered
995 Posts
not really feeling anything on the list. I would stay away from a stretch kit if they are thinking that. Saw some so far, they look rediculous.
Rear rack would be good, but Honda's is so cheap, not sure they could compete.

How about a rear wheel stand that is designed to fit this bike ....
Stretch kit (extended swing arm?) looks great to me on the Grom, i have yet to see a bike that it looks bad on.

Got any examples of bad extended swing arms?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Sorry, just my personal opinion .... Hyabusa down to a Ruckus , I just don't see the purpose of having your tire hang way out past the tail light. It serves no purpose in my mind.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
as for the bar risers, they obviously wouldn't be used on the stock bars as they are already high as hell. more for getting a lower profile bar and being able to add some hight to it if needed. or if you have bars from a previous pit bike or something of that nature and just need a little lift on them for the grom.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Swingarm doesn't have to be waaaayyy out behind the taillight. I like the looks AND It is a challenge to try and stay up on my ruckus without the extension. I was clocked at 74mph on Mulholland at the snake at Super Sunday. The high speed handling improvements are well worth the effort. But everyone has to choose their own individual style. Also, I would like some bling washers/bolts and an oil breather set-up that uses steel braid and the standard red/blue an style fittings. Similar to the oil cooler kit available just not so spendy on shipping etc...

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Also, I would like some bling washers/bolts and an oil breather set-up that uses steel braid and the standard red/blue an style fittings. Similar to the oil cooler kit available just not so spendy on shipping etc...
noted! i could see that being something easily done.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
results seem to be pretty inconclusive.

Except one thing..

Noone wants handle bar risers.. lol

·
Registered
134 Posts
if he serious, he should tailor to supermoto needs, in the even that grom goes viral and there are honda grom prix events all over the nation

supermoto needs:
axle sliders f/r
rearsets with sliders on the bottom of them
hand/brush guards
bar end sliders

i really need some rearsets, or else groms is dragging pegs all around the kart track

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
if he serious, he should tailor to supermoto needs, in the even that grom goes viral and there are honda grom prix events all over the nation

supermoto needs:
axle sliders f/r
rearsets with sliders on the bottom of them
hand/brush guards
bar end sliders

i really need some rearsets, or else groms is dragging pegs all around the kart track

He's for sure looking into the rearsets as I've been stressing on those. Seeing that we don't have a supplier in the states it would be dumb not to get that going. I'm honestly shocked no one that I know of hasn't got something out yet:( my buddy is a machinist and the first night I got the Grom home i took it to him to take apart and check out. Unfortunately him or my self have the $$ that it would take to make some prototypes :(

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 35 Posts