Honda Grom Forums banner

Which would you most likely be interested in?!

What grom accessories would you like the most?

8K views 34 replies 21 participants last post by  Lozonic 
#1 · (Edited)
Trying to help out a local shop that wants to start making grom accessories, they asked me to try and find out what people are looking for.

Also know they would be here in the states and not cost us $70 in shipping and taking three weeks getting to your door step.

First things first I told them some adjustable rearsets as the stock set is garbage. I also said you should have an option of having a solo rearset style without the passenger peg.

These things will be in the "other" category. This list will also grow as people throw up ideas, if you vote in Other please let me know what other item you are interested in.

-Rear rack
-Bigger Rims
-Single sided swing arm
-A stand designed for the grom
-clutch covers
-stainless brake lines
-gold anodized dress up washers

any ideas would also be greatly appreciated!

See less See more
#4 ·
rather indifferent to risers (need lower bars actually)
but rearsets definitely. and having tried the passenger bit, i don't think i care enough to bring a passenger on the grom (i have an sv for that)

#7 ·
not really feeling anything on the list. I would stay away from a stretch kit if they are thinking that. Saw some so far, they look rediculous.
Rear rack would be good, but Honda's is so cheap, not sure they could compete.

How about a rear wheel stand that is designed to fit this bike ....

#8 ·
I voted for the underbody exhaust. That is the only one on the list that I would consider getting. The stock exhaust isn't bad or anything but an underbody exhaust would look cool and would get the exhaust out of your face.

I don't see why you would want handle bar risers. It would make the Grom look ridiculous IMO.

#13 ·
as for the bar risers, they obviously wouldn't be used on the stock bars as they are already high as hell. more for getting a lower profile bar and being able to add some hight to it if needed. or if you have bars from a previous pit bike or something of that nature and just need a little lift on them for the grom.

#14 ·
Swingarm doesn't have to be waaaayyy out behind the taillight. I like the looks AND It is a challenge to try and stay up on my ruckus without the extension. I was clocked at 74mph on Mulholland at the snake at Super Sunday. The high speed handling improvements are well worth the effort. But everyone has to choose their own individual style. Also, I would like some bling washers/bolts and an oil breather set-up that uses steel braid and the standard red/blue an style fittings. Similar to the oil cooler kit available just not so spendy on shipping etc...

#15 ·
Also, I would like some bling washers/bolts and an oil breather set-up that uses steel braid and the standard red/blue an style fittings. Similar to the oil cooler kit available just not so spendy on shipping etc...
noted! i could see that being something easily done.

#17 ·
if he serious, he should tailor to supermoto needs, in the even that grom goes viral and there are honda grom prix events all over the nation

supermoto needs:
axle sliders f/r
rearsets with sliders on the bottom of them
hand/brush guards
bar end sliders

i really need some rearsets, or else groms is dragging pegs all around the kart track

#18 ·
He's for sure looking into the rearsets as I've been stressing on those. Seeing that we don't have a supplier in the states it would be dumb not to get that going. I'm honestly shocked no one that I know of hasn't got something out yet:( my buddy is a machinist and the first night I got the Grom home i took it to him to take apart and check out. Unfortunately him or my self have the $$ that it would take to make some prototypes :(

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#21 ·
For any type of aggressive riding they're terrible.... The rubber mount on top puts your foot all over the place in turns, they're super low to the ground, I don't want a passenger peg and they look terrible. Something with adjustment like a rearset would have would be perfect as you could adjust then to your style of riding.

#30 ·
I'd like a little more lean angle too, but I like the upright, naked-style seating position. I don't want to turn it into a mini-sportbike. Might try some aftermarket pegs before going crazy with a whole rearset. Plus I'm keeping my passenger pegs. But I would like something for the front suspension! I saw a member put some air in them and that helped. And maybe with an Ohlins shock it'd take better to harder riding.

#33 ·
More lean angle? The Grom has lean angle for days. As for the front suspension I learned today a bunch of people are "working" on it and some have a few things ready to come out here in the next few days as well as some people having stuff out already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.