Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
from my contact at a dealer in canada (friend):

"I checked with Honda Canada and was advised arrival should be September. No pricing has been announced as of yet."

joe

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
from a bc dealer i contacted online (thanks sammy!):

"My sources at Honda Canada tell me that the expected arrival date will be in August, without a specific day mentioned.
I can give you more details in the future when a set date is released.

Cheers,

Steve Crocker
Sales
Carter Motorsports
Tel: 604.736.4547
1502 West 3rd Ave
Vancouver BC V6J 1J7
Toll Free: 1 (888) 790-5551"

not useful, i know, but we're trying!

joe

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am only guessing but comparing most bikes on Honda.ca versus Honda.com (USA), Canadian pricing is $300 more plus PDI & delivery and not sure how those two compare. Here in NS we also have higher sales tax. :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you live close to the border, it is relatively straight forward to bring a bike or car across. A few forums have a 'how to' description; however, for this bike the latively minor savings may not be worth the hassle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The fact you can go to the dealer and buy a Ninja 250 for $3800 might be a bit of a turn off for potential Grom sales around here... This is frustrating.
Pricewise speaking, you are right that it makes no sense for someone to pay that much for a 125cc . But, the target buyers are different. Speaking of myself, I have a 800cc bike but still want this 125cc but not the Ninja 300.

Don't get me wrong. I like Ninja 300 too and I had a Ninja 250 few years ago. The purpose is just so different ... to me.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
If you live close to the border, it is relatively straight forward to bring a bike or car across. A few forums have a 'how to' description; however, for this bike the latively minor savings may not be worth the hassle.
How much would you really save if you went through with importing a grom from the boarder. I mean if your living relatively close then that should be an issue for the rest it's quite a trek.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yep.. Canadians get the shaft even worse on bikes than we do on cars. Last time I was in Bellingham WA, they were selling brand new 2013 CBR250RRs for almost $500 less than I had just sold my used 2011 CBR250RR for up here in BC, Canada. Which was over $1000 less than a new one costs here!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.