Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I contacted my local Honda dealer that ive purchased many bike from and they quoted me $4200 otd and they should have a couple in january? Of course high demand drives prices but i was curious what others are paying compared to Califofnia prices. I can get ause dBusa for a little more than a new grom. iv e been wantign to pick upp a second bus and streetfighter it.

·
Registered
998 Posts
average is $4,100-$4,500 in Northen Calif, some dealers such as Hollister Honda, Berkeley and San Mateo will deal in the range of $3,600 $3,650 $3,700 OTD

Supply and demand.

A friend of ours live in Thailand and his OTD price for the MSX-125 "Grom" is $2,200-$2,300 OTD so go figure on the high mark up in the USA and the Grom is made in Thailand.

No different than the Iphone 5s costing $120 to make or less and selling for $300-$800 state side.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am in Anaheim but I bought my grom in orem Utah because they only wanted 3297 out the door and tax and license cost me 370 once I got back to California .. best part was he had my bike within a week of me ordering it .. he has a black one in stock right now waiting for a buyer look for a powerhouse dealer and make the drive to one.. its worth it

·
Registered
998 Posts
I am in Anaheim but I bought my grom in orem Utah because they only wanted 3297 out the door and tax and license cost me 370 once I got back to California .. best part was he had my bike within a week of me ordering it .. he has a black one in stock right now waiting for a buyer look for a powerhouse dealer and make the drive to one.. its worth it
what was the mileage for the drive, I'm sure gas must have cost at lease $200 or more. Well at lease you got your Grom at a very good price

Ride safe

·
Registered
65 Posts
what was the mileage for the drive, I'm sure gas must have cost at lease $200 or more. Well at lease you got your Grom at a very good price

Ride safe

my Honda Civic isn't a regular Civic its a NGV model, it only runs on natural gas . here in orange county I pay $2.07 a gallon for fuel anywhere in Utah natural gas is $1.50ish per gallon .. so I spent about $70-$75 in fuel round trip .. I bought it 3 years ago also in Orem Utah (about a mile away from Monarch Honda) so I was familiar with the drive.. it would have been easier to drive my 08 Silverado 2500 diesel but that would have cost $350 in fuel making it a deal killer to buy the bike

·
Registered
186 Posts
I contacted my local Honda dealer that ive purchased many bike from and they quoted me $4200 otd and they should have a couple in january? Of course high demand drives prices but i was curious what others are paying compared to Califofnia prices. I can get ause dBusa for a little more than a new grom. iv e been wantign to pick upp a second bus and streetfighter it.
Cali prices are way too high. Even on the one I picked up bumped just under $4k. But I commute on the Grom so its free for my wallet. Had I not bought it I would be spending more than if I did in gas alone. The Grom is saving me money even after the payment I had on it.

If someone has good credit I dont see why you'd cry over an extra $500-$800 over a 5 year term. You'd just end up looking at pics of Groms and not be sitting on one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I paid $3,859 otd here in SW Florid but with supply nowhere near demand and the Grom being so new dealers will not haggle!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I paid 75,000 Thai Baht (2,338.55 USD) in bangkok... and I paid a little bit too much... could have probably got it for 2k but was tired of looking and got a good deal with insurance and 2 helmets thrown in so just went with it.

at 4k plus prices you may be able to holiday ain thailand and take one home too? wonder what it would cost to ship lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts