GromForum.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of age group could you expect to see riding a grom? I'm just about 18 and have been riding street for almost 2 years now. Would a grom be considered a down grade from my Honda rebel 250?

·
Registered
54 Posts
What kind of age group could you expect to see riding a grom? I'm just about 18 and have been riding street for almost 2 years now. Would a grom be considered a down grade from my Honda rebel 250?
In power it will be a slight down grade but as far as handling it should be a nice upgrade. The grom has a top speed around 65-68mph while your rebel is around 90mph I'm guessing. So it all depends what do you need the bike to do for you.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Depends. Are you replacing the rebel or complementing it with the grom :D

·
Super Moderator
1,004 Posts
hooligan bike > slowass noobcruiser

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm 63 and I like it. The size, power, speed are just right for combination of paved,gravel and 2 tracts in my area. I'be been building Retro scooters aka mustang pony wannabes. A grom can do all the same tasks maybe better.
Outdoorguy

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think the Grom would be a great bike for camping, Street legal so Mr Ranger can't say poo about it and small enough to easily bring with you with the tent or camper however you camp. My main bike is a 1100 so as a main scoot it would be a downgrade for me but to run around town it would be fun and easy to get around with.

Dauntae

·
Registered
1 Posts
I started a couple years ago on a Honda CBR125 - it was a great commuter bike, easy and light in traffic and dirt cheap to run (for fuel and for insurance). Only thing was it handled like crap, no matter what all those forums say - stock tires are like balls of wax. This has the look of a supermoto and it's light, so if it's got decent suspension and tires, I'm in. Will be dumping my Triumph tt600

1 - 13 of 13 Posts