Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey new member here, came over from the r6 forum when I heard you guys mentioned and decided to check it out.

Was looking at other smaller cc bikes like a ruckus then I stumbled across grom and thought these bikes look beautiful. So as someone who knows nothing about them, what made you choose a grom?

EDIT: Good gosh 115mpg :eek:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
It's small. Its more capable vs a Ruckus. The aftermarket support is huge.
It looks awesome. Its affordable. Its awesome.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I found myself interested in 'tards. However, I started looking at larger and larger displacement bikes. Also, bikes that were more exotic, higher maintenance, and crazy money. Really just dream bikes. Then, I thought about just getting something like a KLX250SF. About that time, the Grom showed up and stole my heart. Perfect value in a motorcycle, just to play on, for me. Yet, still road capable and an ideal platform for my wife to learn on.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Been looking for a YSR-50 for a long time that was not modified or butchered up since I had one in 1987 that I bought new for $1350 OTD. I needed a small motorcycle so I could take it with me camping, and long trips to other states and I wanted something that was cheap on gas.

The GROM fit the bill since it was reasonable priced, had a range of over a 100 miles per gal, could carry two people, could fit in my truck and still have room for all my camping gear, could go 65mph with out mods and even faster if you want to mod the motorcycle.

Last of all it had the COOL factor or the OMG factor.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm tired of big displacement. Last bike was a rf900 and I found myself babying it everywhere. The only road in my town above 55 is the rt50 bypass and I live in town where its 25-30. I have a feeling my farthest trip is gonna be ocean city and there are country roads to take on the way. I'm not too worried about speed, acceleration is what I'm after. I'll be happy with a quick 75 and I'm hoping I can get there with some bolt ons and a head/cam work. That is if my bike ever gets here

·
Registered
336 Posts
I really just wanted to play with it. And I knew that it would save on gas anyways, so why not? I'm thinkin about goin back to school, so it's perfect for the city driving I'll be doing. Also, thinking back to my experience of what a hot-rodded small bike is capable of, it killed me that this one is actually street legal too! I love it the way it is, but after a bore and the rest of the catalog as well, it'll make my daily drive exciting every time, and if the fuel mileage goes down from 112 on regular, to 90 on premium, I won't care one bit!

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
I was lucky enough to have a good amount of friends that ride. So with a mixed crowd of bikes I get to try all different kinds. It wasn't until I got to ride the CBR 125 that I realized small displacement and lighter bike are so much fun. So with the Grom it shouldn't be any different except it looks way cooler lol.

The mpgs for the grom is just a huge bonus for everyone to enjoy.

·
Registered
108 Posts
This bike looks like a lot of fun. I am not sure how practical it will be though. I am torn between it, and a more legit full-size bike. I don't think the Grom is really a commuter bike...

·
Registered
218 Posts
would depend on how far your commute is, Im moving to usvi and this thing will be perfect. Im bringing my wr250x as well but the grom will be my main ride.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I bought one because I had a ruckus and I made it fast and fun, this is just a new toy and I want to see what crazy things I can do to it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I rode a CBR 250 as well and I could tell it wasn't for me. Sure it was faster than the Grom, but riding a full size bike that is THAT slow, only made me hate it. The Ninja 300 was much better. The 300 had enough get-up-and-go to actually be kinda fun, but still, after coming off an RC51, I can't ride a full size bike that doesn't haul ass. I really did like it though. Personally, having a Grom for around-town duty and general hooliganism, and an RC51 for fast fun and highway rides is the perfect setup. Now, if only the RC wasn't so damn uncomfortable........

·
Registered
11 Posts
I love the idea behind this. I would love the ease of power sliding. It's hard with a +400lb bike. Also if I fail this is something I could strip down the extra plastic.

·
Registered
136 Posts
It's a mini motorcycle but it's still a motorcycle. There's a French word that describes it best: passe-partout. It means it's an all-purpose, go anywhere.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's a mini motorcycle but it's still a motorcycle. There's a French word that describes it best: passe-partout. It means it's an all-purpose, go anywhere.
I like the all-purpose role of a bike like this. It may not do any one particular thing fantastically, but it can certainly do many things acceptably well.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Small bikes are cool.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts