Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to Anodize parts on the Black Grom gold such as the rear-set, some nuts and bolts and was wondering what parts on the Grom are Aluminum and what parts are steel.

I believe the wheels are steel but not sure so is the rear sprocket, if they are I will powder coat it Gold.

trying to get as much of the stock metal parts anodize gold.

I think the swing arm is steel and it looks like steel from the pictures. I would like to anodize it Gold or brush silver if not than powder coat it those colors.

My Grom build will be more for some looks but major use is for commute/gas saver and going to the gym/local store-beer-lotto ticket run.

Some hwy-9 northern Calif canyon runs thru the hills down to Santa Cruz using all the logging back roads.

thanks for any info and ride safe.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
found some ways to make it look anodize
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiZ-nrPk0kY]Anodized Powder Coat by Prismatic Powders - YouTube[/ame]

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also doing your own power coating info
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNmRLIVEU10]Powder Coating Aluminum in the Home Shop - How to Basics, Tips, Tricks & More - YouTube[/ame]

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think only the frame swingarm and bars are steel the wheels will most definitely be aluminum steel would be too heavy. I thought about anodizing the rearsets they would need to be polished super well to look good in anything but black. As far as the nuts and bolts go check out pro-bolt. So many goodies and most titanium bits are available in gold

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think only the frame swingarm and bars are steel the wheels will most definitely be aluminum steel would be too heavy. I thought about anodizing the rearsets they would need to be polished super well to look good in anything but black. As far as the nuts and bolts go check out pro-bolt. So many goodies and most titanium bits are available in gold
thank you I will check out pro-bolt

·
Registered
288 Posts
Magnets do not stick to aluminum, so take one out to your Grom and get your answers. Use a soft magnet like company's hand out with there phone number on them.

Just a quick warning the headlight parts that look like aluminum is plastic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts