Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After removing the rear fender for my installation of the ComposiMo tail tidy, I had a complete fender just lying there. I tend to keep all my spare hardware just in case I need it but in this case, I knew I would never reinstall. I loaded her up with LED's, found one of my old plates and cleaned her up, built a wall bracket and plugged it up! Hung it beside my pitbull rear stand. You can't really see, but it nicely illuminates my drill indexes below. I lit up the original plate light w/ LED's, both turns w/ LED's, and several strips under the fender. I think it turned out quite nice. Its a fun conversation piece when folks are in my garage.

The photo below was taken with very dim lights so it would not mess with the camera.

I would love to build a wall clock out of a Grom's front wheel someday, so please hit me up if you know of any wheels no good for the street but cosmetically fine!

·
Registered
327 Posts
You're like a motorcycle McGyver or something. :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
That is an awesome thing to hang in your garage or basement or something. Very cool. I could see it on the wall at some biker bar or cafe.

I'm not getting a very good look at the LEDs in the last picture though. Might you have a picture with a bit better focus?

I never would have though to do something like that with spare Grom parts.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is an awesome thing to hang in your garage or basement or something. Very cool. I could see it on the wall at some biker bar or cafe.

I'm not getting a very good look at the LEDs in the last picture though. Might you have a picture with a bit better focus?

Thanks!! I could not take a better photo because the bright lights mess with my digital camera. It cant seem to focus on them. I could try dimming them and taking another.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Uploaded to original post!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Capn kirk.. Your a freakin genius at least now it doesn't have to go to waste and you can always have something to remind you of the grom... even during the winters months.

Some one should come up with another idea like have two and have two bed side table lamps.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yea that looks really cool! Great idea and great execution. Some people just might have to steal that idea from you. It would look great in a basement bar lounge man-cave type room. Do you have other cool things bolted to your garage wall?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea that looks really cool! Great idea and great execution. Some people just might have to steal that idea from you. It would look great in a basement bar lounge man-cave type room. Do you have other cool things bolted to your garage wall?
Thanks for the compliments.

The only other MC related item hanging in my garage that is really cool is a poster of me riding my Kawasaki Versys. My wife is a photographer and she took an awesome panning shot. She took the image and used Photoshop to add "Kawasaki Versys" to the bottom of the photo making it look like a sales poster you would see in a dealership. It really makes me feel good to see it hanging in the garage and realize it is me on it! :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
you could even hang a calender on there or something, or.... you just gave me an idea, I could rip off your LED underneath idea but instead of wall mounting put it on a pole or something mouthed on castors and I can roll it around like a dentists light. Then i could hand schematics or whatever diagram im working with where you have the plate hanging.... HMMMMMM

·
Registered
995 Posts
This is a tough one, im trying to think what it can be used for.

What the OP did was amazing, great idea.

I'll probably be like a lot of people that'll put it in a box and keep it in the garage and let it collect dust

·
Registered
201 Posts
This is a tough one, im trying to think what it can be used for.

What the OP did was amazing, great idea.

I'll probably be like a lot of people that'll put it in a box and keep it in the garage and let it collect dust
thats what forums are for, sharing ideas and figuring out whats possible. In other words, Insanity is contagious ;) thanks boys ahahaaa

·
Registered
995 Posts
thats what forums are for, sharing ideas and figuring out whats possible. In other words, Insanity is contagious ;) thanks boys ahahaaa
Yup! Thank god we have forums.
The OP got me thinking to display it on my wall like how some people display deer heads on their wall LOL

just imagine that deer head is the Grom's rear fender

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's awesome! Nice work! How bright is it?
Bright enough to see that it is lit even when the overhead fluorescent lights are on. As I mentioned, I keep my drill indexes under it and the extra light makes it nice to read the markings on the bits.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts