Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know from reading the manual or something as to what the best grade of gas to fill this bad boy up with? I want to make sure I'm not starving or flooding the wrong grade through it at fill-up time.

On a side note, I'm new to motorcycles and was wondering what the seat strap is for? Is it just to keep you from sliding back on the seat while riding?

·
Registered
29 Posts
87 octane unleaded will be fine for this bike.

Motorcycles that carry passengers typically have handles on the tail or a strap on the seat. The strap is worse than useless, and really all you could ever hope to accomplish with it would be to secure a ball cap underneath. Most people remove them.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the ethanol. Honda probably thought of that since E10 has been used for a while now. My RC51 is modded and it doesn't like ethanol, but still runs. Run it and see what happens. Worst case scenario, it sucks, so you dump out a whole gallon of fuel and possibly put it in your car or something.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Does anyone know from reading the manual or something as to what the best grade of gas to fill this bad boy up with? I want to make sure I'm not starving or flooding the wrong grade through it at fill-up time.

On a side note, I'm new to motorcycles and was wondering what the seat strap is for? Is it just to keep you from sliding back on the seat while riding?
anything but diesel or how much you can afford. I put 87 octane in my 1999 Hayabusa if that helps

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.