Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So we agree the GROM is the hottest bike on the Planet right now.

And we all are adding more and more parts and accessories to make it better / more trick looking, quicker, lighter, handle better, etc.

Got us to thinking, IF you could get Honda to make any changes to the Grom, what would it be?

And keep the price within reason, of course.

Thoughts and Opinions?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Maybe to copy Yamaha and their Bolt R Spec, slightly different model with some different touches, small difference in MSRP. And they could add a stiffer/better suspension to a Grom R Spec.

·
Registered
998 Posts
GROM stretched just another 1.5 " on the swingarm, a 180-200cc engine 5-6 speed, 2 gal gas tank, pre-made option swingarm bearing system, better head lights going LEDs, and programmable download of various A/F mapping to their custom ECU module and better foam seat with under frame tabs for bungee net hookup.

·
Registered
108 Posts
More comfortable seat would be great. I would also support LEDs in the headlight. most of these things are things you could change yourself though. If Honda made these changes to the Grom, i bet people would end up switching them to something after market anyway. Its partly the customization that makes it fun. Change for the sake of change and personalization, not necessarily change in order to just improve the Grom.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
i think the most meaningful change they could make and keep costs exactly the same is springs for (non-midget) adults. Aim at like 180lbs or so. That's closer to the average american than whatever the hell they have there now.

stock rearsets (rather than the mid control bs we have now) would be good too and also wouldn't change manufacture costs much.

of course real USD cartridge forks, adjustable shock, non garbage tires, etc. but those do get expensive and H makes bikes to a price point.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Turn Signal switch to to horn and horn to turn signal. Always hitting the horn button for turn signal.
yep, i noticed that as well. different from all my other bikes

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
actually you DO have a chance to let Honda know what's up. I just got a survey in the mail from Honda. so I got to tell them what I want (of course it will go into statistics data if anything, but if enough people answer surveys, Honda should probably listen).

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.