Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one tried any tricks yet? I can only get it to come up in first but I have to pull hard on the bars. Stoppies are easy but after doing one my brakes make a squealing noise for a few minutes. Rolling burnouts are kind of tricky because the front tire wants to lock and slide sometimes. I'm going to try and ski beside it tomorrow if I can find my steel bottom shoes. I don't think the grom trick videos were made on stock bikes.

·
Registered
107 Posts
yea, the add plays that up.. unless you're an experienced rider (which i don't know if you are or not) I wouldn't get into wheelies & Stoppies.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
anyone else having problems?

·
Registered
218 Posts
have you tried clutching it up? bounce the front end a little and on the upstroke flick the clutch and gas it, I can usually stand anything up like that. Just keep the rear brake covered and you will be fine.

·
Registered
995 Posts
super heavy! i'm actually disappointed at how heavy the Grom is. it weighs something like 5lbs less than my KTM525smr :eek:
You're just weak :D

Kidding.

It's definitely not a light bike, nor is it that heavy, i believe it's around 250 LBS. I bet some people who are into weight lifting can lift the grom for a few seconds at a time.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
so clutch dump and a bounce is what might get you started for a wheelie.

surprised at hearing how the front is heavy to get on up though.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Same here.. Stoppies ok, wheelies impossible.. It is simply too slow..
clutch it up, and weight shift.
if i can wheelie my POS crf100...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts