Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Stolen from the Irvington area (9th and Lesley) this morning...

Brand new White Honda Grom (only Grom in Indiana and special white panels not available in the States)

Heavily modified Honda CT70. Look at the exhaust (one of a kind in the city)

Please contact the police if you see either of these and contact Alan Ruanto.

Please share!!!!!!

this makes me sick to think someone already stole a GROM and a sweet looking Honda CT70 :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
They haven't been available for more than a week and already stolen? Dang. Hopefully they are able toe recover it!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Mine will look like that right away too. I hope he gets it back. I've got to have some security ready. Disk lock and a big cable, I guess.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Already? Jeez! You know what they say..."What goes around comes around". I would not wish to be on the "comes around" end of it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i know the guy on facebook.. arunto.. he already put an aftermarket exhaust.. tidy tail.. and white panels on it.. he has a video of it on youtube.. makes me sick.. hate theives..

·
Registered
998 Posts
Yep all you need is a Van or truck and if your Grom is locked up all they do is use a couple of those cheap roll away dolly or car movers from HFT and push it to their van/truck and cover it with blue tarp/blanket/sheet and drive off.

I had my 1989 GSXR stolen from my apartment in Sunnyvale Calif and I had 5 locks on the bike, a U-lock, GSXR key/steeering lock/front dic lock/chain going through my rear rim and chained and locked to a pole that had electrical wiring going through it and also the GSXR was covered. First indication something was going to happen was every evening when I got home from work my bike cover was off or moved some how on the bike. I assume they were casing out the bike on how to steal it. When they stole it at around 2am in the morning the neighbors heard banging and looked out the window and noticed 4 guys working on my GSXR and the neighbors called the Sunnyvale Police dept.
The police dept had setup a road block around my apartment complex and with their police dog was able to catch the thief and his gang. This capture solved 20 stolen motorcycles in the bay area.

Oh the thieves cut all my locks using the cheap ass cutters from HFT plus the hydraulic cutter and slam/jim unit to take out the GSXR EG key assembly unit and us a screw driver to start my GSXR.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. Hope they get their "AS*" and mouth picked in jail when caught. Sorry for being mean about the comment but, this sure hits the cord when it comes to Grom/CT70 being stolen . Luckily no one got hurt over it.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Sorry to hear this happen man.

It makes me sick to my stomach that it has already begun. I kind of saw this coming but just not this soon. So guys becareful out there you are being watched. Make sure you have some sort of security regardless of what it is.

I just don't if it becomes an ongoing thing it won't affect our insurance for the grom.

·
Registered
50 Posts
WOW! two bikes at once. This is crazy...

So what is the exact story behind it any feedback and what the authority has reported back?

·
Registered
157 Posts
It shouldn't be too hard to find but I bet you these guys are changing it up like the color of the fairings and all. You keep an eye out on the forums for these parts in the classified sections.

sorry man.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Post serial number on frame and serial number on engine on the various GROM website. Most motorcycle thieves either follow you home, get information about you on your Facebook/social website or are friends of friends who hear about the items/motorcycle/stereo that you have and wait for the right moment to take your toys. Hidden video camera/ hidden smart phone plus tracking software on your motorcycle/Grom will narrow down your search.

Think smart video everyone at our events never know if you got the thieves on your video.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Post serial number on frame and serial number on engine on the various GROM website. Most motorcycle thieves either follow you home, get information about you on your Facebook/social website or are friends of friends who hear about the items/motorcycle/stereo that you have and wait for the right moment to take your toys. Hidden video camera/ hidden smart phone plus tracking software on your motorcycle/Grom will narrow down your search.

Think smart video everyone at our events never know if you got the thieves on your video.
Not a bad idea. Whatever helps. I can't imagine if we got a hold of their face on video. With the huge numbers on this forum those guys would be toast by the time the police finds them.

Another thing is to etch or carve a specific mark on your parts just in case to identify them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
This just sucks! Seems like it would be hard for the perps to get rid of such a new and unique bike (or parts) without being caught.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I hope someone catches these thieves. And if not I hope the thieves die a miserable death

1 - 20 of 24 Posts