Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering how white powder coat would look on the red body grom!? Anyone who could throw it on it with photoshop? lol

·
Registered
134 Posts
no glossifier, just the white,

and i just saw that plastidipp is offering a metallic gold

i may just order that and wait for it 2 arrive

but first, anybody have ideas how to lift the grom? all my bike stands are way to big and wont fit the swingarm, i figure just getting a dirt bike stand and lift it from bottom of the engine block - if i remove the header????

·
Registered
62 Posts
well not a Grom but if its good enough for Ducati its good enough for the Grom :D

not for anything but white with red wheels looks just as good

·
Registered
998 Posts
sort of liked the old 1989 GSXR-1100 white rims on my bike and the color combo.

that was the last pic I took of my 89 GSXR-1100 before the new owner picked up the bike that night. A 1998 Suzuki TL1000r replaced that motorcycle than the 1999 Suzuki Hayabusa replaced the TL1000r. I sold the TL1000r after 9 months of owning it. I still have the Hayabusa which I will keep forever.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
that was the last pic I took of my 89 GSXR-1100 before the new owner picked up the bike that night. A 1998 Suzuki TL1000r replaced that motorcycle than the 1999 Suzuki Hayabusa replaced the TL1000r. I sold the TL1000r after 9 months of owning it. I still have the Hayabusa which I will keep forever.
with the tiller, were you terrified of the really odd damper design? iirc it would fail unexpectedly causing injuries?

·
Registered
134 Posts
prepped

3rd coat, one more coat and then wait to dry then mounting

this is my first attempt to actually spray something with plastidip, and i realize im no painter cuz i dont have the patience to go back and forth and i just layer it on and have runs LOL i suck i know.

·
Registered
134 Posts
well all i can say is take your time unless you want to do it all over again, besides that this shit doesnt last forever so dont expect it to be perfect and stay perfect for long time, i really messes up the valve stem area, i just ripped my tape off and it didndt leave clean lines around the valve stem, oh well

ive always wanted red color with white wheels for a car, welp gots it on my grom now!

·
Registered
134 Posts
ill give myself a 8.5/10 on the looks department, it looks great 5ft away, up close you can see some runs from the lips, and runs from the spokes where gravity pulled the spray too, also my valve stems are ugly as fuck cuz i didnt cut around them with a razor, i just pulled my tape off :(

·
Registered
134 Posts
the white turned brown from the rubber, i had enough overspray on the sidewalls to leave em whitewalled, but they were ugly yellow and brown already

·
Registered
998 Posts
Looks good to me, the white looks good with the red body. Now just do a lot of sweepers to rub off the over spray of white on the tire.

Next time remove the tire from the rim.

All in All two thumbs up

1 - 20 of 40 Posts