Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no shame in admitting your mistakes.

so who has fallen over/dropped your bike? and what happened?

my first time was in a parking lot where i wasn't paying attention and set my foot down in a freaking hole in the floor.

lets not talk about all the other times :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I was lane splitting and got hit by a car. Lost most of the skin on my back that day. Tshirts don't protect

I flipped a highchair wheelie over backwards

I high sided a rolling burnout in front of a packed billiards hall

Flipped an endo over and busted up my old 900RR

I got my foot stuck between the rear tire and subframe of an xr70 while riding my XR50 and fractured my ankle and lost some leash due to the tire rubbing it off. Moral? Don't try and kick your buddy off his moving bike

Flipped over the handlebars of my fiddy late at night on a road trip

Dropped my magna in a car dealership parking lot when my front end washed out.

That's all I can think of right now. I haven't crashed in 12 years though besides on my fiddy.

I used to be crazy and not care. Here's an old picture of me. Lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've only dropped my bike twice in my riding career.

I had a Ninja 250 that I've dropped multiple times because I am an idiot (wasn't even on the thing - I always knock it over somehow)

I've low sided my R1 once at a very low speed. Some guy was reversing his truck and I didn't see it coming out behind the super tall bushes. I flinched to avoid and everything went downhill from there. No frame damage and everything came out fine. Just a few scratches.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've dropped bikes more times than I can remember. Dropped my FJR less than 12hrs after picking it up from the dealership and dropped it many more times after that due to it's height and top heavy characteristics.

Lowsided(45mph) the FJR at Deals Gap one year as well then rode it 500+ miles home the same day after replacing the clutch lever with a bent footpeg and broken left handlebar and missing a mirror.

Dropped my R6 in a ditch at about 5mph after using it for runoff instead of committing to a 90* covered in jawbreaker sized gravel.

Highsided the R6 last July around 50-55mph breaking my right hand which shortened my pinky by about 5mm.. lol

Sometimes the stupidest things can bite ya in the ass.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
my first bike I probably dropped 6-8x in the first couple months
how did it look after the 8th fall? and more importantly.. how did YOU look after the 8th fall!!

joe

·
Registered
16 Posts
A few minor drops over the years, two major:

1. Taxi turned in front of me and I went down trying to stop. This totaled the bike.
2. Pedestrian ran in front of me and I went down trying to stop. Minor damage.

My back brake is now disconnected.

·
Registered
176 Posts
There are only two kinds of riders.... Those that HAVE, and those that WILL!!!

I've been down numerous times on the track, only once on street. But believe me I've dropped PLENTY of bikes just standing around lol

·
Administrator
365 Posts
Ive actually never dropped my bike... dont get me wrong, there has been come SUPER close calls. The closest was on my street, I did a u-turn and like a moron grabbed too much front brake. the bike started to go but I some how threw my right leg off and was able to get under the bike. I must have been inches from the ground, but i muscled it back up and put the kickstand down. needless to say I was a little shaky. I think I only had the bike a few weeks.

Lesson learned.

Stew

·
Registered
13 Posts
Got dropped while lane splitting when I got cut off by a pick up truck. I hit his rear bumper and my rear wheel lifted. My body rolled softly into the pick up box with no injury. My bike then slammed to the ground. It was a CBR600F4i.

I later dropped by CBR954RR after my front wheel locked up on slippery dirt that was a perfect match for the road so I really couldn't tell. My helmet bounced a few time on the asphalt before I figured out what happened.

I had motor cross bikes when I was younger and dropping it was a natural event when pushed hard. Back then I was young and recovered very quickly. Not so much these days.

·
Registered
21 Posts
There are only two kinds of riders.... Those that HAVE, and those that WILL!!!

I've been down numerous times on the track, only once on street. But believe me I've dropped PLENTY of bikes just standing around lol
+1

I high-sided my CBR600 F4i after hitting some gravel in a turn. I freaked out and grabbed the front brake... big mistake.

I low sided my Yamaha Zuma due to some gravel entering a supermarket parking lot. That was super embarrassing.

I'm an ATGATT (All The Gear All The Time) kind of guy. Both crashes ended up in a bruised ego and very minor scratches.

Both the Zuma and the CBR were dropped in the garage at 0 mph also due to being stupid :mad:

1 - 20 of 99 Posts