Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who do you think will be the main consumers for the Grom demographically? Male or females? Guys in their 20s, middle-agers, or teens? New riders or experienced motorcyclists?

·
Registered
132 Posts
To be honest I think this bike will appeal to newer more inexperienced riders. I can see a lot of older experienced rider scoffing at this bike. Show this bike to a Harley rider and they will probably be confused.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I'm a 37 year old Honda mini bike rider and sportbike rider. I'm excited about it!

I figure the younger guys will be into it

·
Registered
74 Posts
Survey results for grom buyers

check out this link its in german, but it might surprise you the ages of thre people buying them. Im 32 and i love mine. The grom is like a reincarnation of the zb50. There is a nostalgic factor here since the z50, zb50 and ct 70s have been around for a long time. Heres the link:

Honda MSX-125 Forum • Thema anzeigen - Alter des MSX-Besitzers

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
From what I've seen it's a wide range of people buying the Grom, from very young people riding for the first time up to experienced riders who are in their 30's with 1000CC bikes that still want the grom.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
We should open our own poll and do our own survey for north america.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
20 to 45 I would think. They have the income to buy nice things by this age, and I could imagine any older and the Grom could be a bit uncomfortable.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
I think the majority of owners for the Honda Grom will be in the age around late 20s to late early 40s. It is pretty affordable for a bike under 4 grand brand new.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just imagine how much a used one will be that is when the younger crowd will start buying them second hand. I don't think the Honda Grom will depreciate that much in price though. How much do you think a pre owned Grom would go for?

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Just imagine how much a used one will be that is when the younger crowd will start buying them second hand. I don't think the Honda Grom will depreciate that much in price though. How much do you think a pre owned Grom would go for?
Hard to say but Honda motorcycles in general hold there value pretty good so it will take a while for the price to go down. If I had to guess it will still be $3000 depending on condition and mileage.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I don't know about this one guys would you really want to buy a used monkey bike. Only younger kids would be interested because that is all they can afford but if I had a choice I would buy brand new. The second hand ones will be beat.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a feeling by this time next year we can see prices on used Honda grom's hit as low as $2k or even just under $2k, just imagine the abuse someone would put one of these through and how it's price could possibly depreciate.

·
Registered
176 Posts
i will buy one!!!! i have even heard a lot of excitement from the racing community about the grom. will make awesome pit bikes, as well as maybe a side show race league...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'll probably get one just for being a hooligan :)
I already ave a Lifan 125CC pit bike i always wanted to make it street legal . Now i don't have to

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm tempted to sell my Ruckus for a Grom, I'm 54 and have had just about every bike out there, the Ruckus is fun but kinda scary doing 37mph when everyone else is doing 45-50 in a 35 zone, if the Grom does 60, that'll be sweet! I have three other bikes but little ones are the ones I have the most fun on, it'll be a good pit bike.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think the Grom is a cool alternative to a scooter, Some scooters are pretty cool looking while others....... Well NOT so appealing, The grom fits the bill for a run around town type scooter replacement, About the size of some scooters but MUCH cooler looking. I know a few people with teenagers wanting to get bikes and the parents in NO way want there kids getting what the kids want. All are looking at the cool bikes and many cases are the CBR 600 and the like. Well this fits in there pretty cool category BUT won't go the 140 mph the CBR could do. So it will get them into riding to learn and respect the dangers in riding without having the speed, Learn that most cages just look through them and learn to be weary of traffic before thinking there invincible weaving through cars at 100 mph. Great thing Honda is doing releasing this bike in the US.

Dauntae

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would assume your average Grom buyer will be in an urban setting. Great for just slicing through town and getting places quickly.

If more places allowed lane splitting, this would be perfect.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts