Honda Grom Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
THIS

Sadly, small displacement bikes in North America are seen as either toys or girly bikes. I hope the recent influx of smaller bikes can change the stereotype, but I wouldn't bet on it.
I can understand why small displacement bikes tend to not get as much notice compared to countries like India.

North America is a lot bigger and sprawled out which requires bigger bikes if you want to travel. Whereas India is smaller and densely populated which requires a smaller bike for maneuverability .

The Grom is a lot more limited when it comes to travel.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Grom in Fast and Furious 6

The Grom just needs to be featured in a big movie like James Bond or Fast and Furious. This will turn a niche bike into a mainstream one.

This is what happened with the Mini after The Italian Job.
There is a part in the movie where the bad guy was trying to get away with a black Grom and got shot. It was dark and happen so fast but i'm pretty sure it was the Grom that i saw.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
There is a part in the movie where the bad guy was trying to get away with a black Grom and got shot. It was dark and happen so fast but i'm pretty sure it was the Grom that i saw.
which movie are you thinking of tim817? i will need to check that out!

joe

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Fast and Furious 6
hm interesting i think that's a ducati monster in the film no? i could be wrong.. i haven't seen it...

if it is i will need to go see it asap!

joe

·
Registered
83 Posts
There were ducatis in the movie but the grom only appear in such a short period. It was the scene when Gisele (the hot model) shot the bad guy when he trying to get away on a small bike that really look like the grom.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
I have a feeling for those who will be commuting to work with the Grom are at risk of their bike being stolen. Regular full sized bikes already get stolen. The Grom is half the weight at 225lbs will make it easier for thieves to throw it in the back of a truck and go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree with redcowkiller. City, urban, and even suburban use would be perfect for the grom. With a set of dual-sport tires you could probably even off road a little with it. But I think that the majority of people outside of said areas probably will find little use for it. It could be a popular transition bike though as teenagers go from this to a 250 and up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I dont think it will reach "mainstream", and certainly not around southern/southeastern texas. I get people every now and then ask me why I only bought a 750 (my new Phantom).

I think a Grom would be pretty fun to cruise around town, commuter bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
One opportunity that I haven't seen put forward is a racing scene like the ysr80/50 that was popular in the 90's. I had the opportunity to spend a day at the shifter cart track with friends of mine and it was one of the most enjoyable and fun times I have ever spent on two wheels. We raced all day, with only minor damage to the bikes if we crashed, and no injuries, yet you were always on the edge of control just trying to wring everything you could out of the bike!

30% of the speed, 90% of the fun, 10% of the cost, compared to running track days on a regular bike

21 - 35 of 35 Posts