Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you care? What if it was made in the USA? Or made in Japan assembled in USA?

Reactions: donuts

·
Registered
396 Posts
I don't think where it's made is important. As stated by others (and yourself), it's more about quality control, and if Honda is making it then you know they have good procedures in place.

I personally would not pay any extra for it to be built elsewhere.
^This pretty much sums up my thoughts word for word. :thumbup:

·
Registered
327 Posts
My CRF250L is made in Thailand. I think it's good quality. I have no reason to believe the Grom will be any different. :)

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
My MSX is made in Thailand, all of the Honda parts are marked as such. Build quality / finish is exceptional. Paint is good, nuts / bolts are stainless or plated, wiring loom is superb, plastics as good as I have seen.

Hardly anything is "Made in . . . " anymore, parts are sourced from all over the World for any major undertaking.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Most every vehicle made now is from around the world. I don't think any are all one country and RARE that an American car is American. Sad but true.
I wouldn't pay more.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Nope, the quality of the bikes Honda is having made in Thailand is GREAT and it keeps the price down on replacement parts as well. Have you seen how cheap the cbr250 plastics and such are? WAY below the usual madeinjapan stuff.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Not a $1000. Maybe $200-300. Better resale value, piece of mind, bragging rights. I had Honda scooter "built in Vietnam" before and they not on par with the "built in Thailand" bikes. Personal experience here. If some of you don't already know this, the Grom for US market are built in Taiwan. I rather have them built in Thailand than Taiwan.
My reference: Built in Japan>US>Thailand>Taiwan>Vietnam> China

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'd pay more if it was made in the USA. I always buy USA when given the option.

Between Japan and Thailand? For the same price I'd go for Japan, not for $1000 +

1 - 20 of 68 Posts