Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you Tyga

Yep the white Grom plastic sure look pretty, I even got the luggage rack and the 14T counter sprocket.

Now the hard decision is should I paint the white plastic or should I paint the Black plastic when I get my Grom. I'm wondering if anyone painted their Black Plastic any other color. I would like to paint my plastic the same color as my Hayabusa.

New stuff, yep and it came from Thailand

my parts, Tyga even threw in some cool stickers

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got to love having an early christmas. How was the turn around time on all of these parts?

Ordered Nov 19 received Dec 9 that is the snail mail service since it was the cheapest from Thailand to San Jose Calif.

Xmas will be a little slower when mailing from overseas since it is the xmas rush season.

·
Registered
108 Posts
You'll have to post some pics once you get everything installed on your Grom. Do you have an idea of when your Grom will be coming in?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You'll have to post some pics once you get everything installed on your Grom. Do you have an idea of when your Grom will be coming in?
I was told late Dec 2013, early or late Jan or Feb.

The problem is Honda USA are delivering the Groms either evenly through out the USA giving every segment of the country having a the Grom in their region or giving the Power House Honda dealers more Groms than non power house dealers.

I have noticed that Groms have shown up in dealer locations that you would not expect it to be.

Not sure why the California dealers are trying to gouge you on the sale price of a Grom when the rest of the Country are selling theirs close to MSRP $2,999 plus setup fee, taxes and DMV fees.

Like I've been posting on most Grom websites that my friend lives in Thailand and he bought his Grom for $2,200 US dollars OTD and he can not see why in America we are paying $2,999 and up.

there is no Tariff imposed on the USA on Honda motorcycles so what gives.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
sweet. in for photos of it installed.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sweet. in for photos of it installed.
yep waiting for the Grom now

I even ordered a spare set of Grom rims, head light cover, rear hugger fender that I will have power coated or plastic painted after I pick up the parts from Hollister Honda.

Like in my early post various Honda dealers are upping the price of their Grom parts and Hollister was one of them that up their price with in a day of me buying my parts. I searched the internet and I found other dealers that have good prices and FREE delivery, one dealer is in Az and the other one is Babbit Honda

Example Hollister Honda had the front wheel assy for $199.58 on Dec 5 and Dec 8 the same front rim went up to $266.82 which is a $67.24 increase , the rear rim assy was $221.79 on Dec 5 and is now $296.51which is a $74.72 increase

So bottom line shop around for the best price, your money saved is money you can spend on parts for your Grom/Car/Truck/Beer/etc or your other motorcycles

·
Registered
136 Posts
How did you order the parts? Online? Ebay?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How did you order the parts? Online? Ebay?
direct from Tyga website and I used PayPal to pay.

I used Snail mail for delievery since that was the cheapest and I was in no rush to get my parts since my Grom will either come in late part of Dec 2013, Jan 2014 or Feb 2014.

parts are being farmed out to various paint/powder coating shops. A Grom/scooter designer will be machining my flywheel and oil spinner for weight reduction and balance.

Both Grom spare rims are being taking apart "bearing seal, bearing, and sleeve removal before rims being sent out for powder coating.

Custom seat being made by Corbin, snake skin design and better foam padding.

·
Registered
995 Posts

I used Snail mail for delievery since that was the cheapest and I was in no rush to get my parts since my Grom will either come in late part of Dec 2013, Jan 2014 or Feb 2014.

parts are being farmed out to various paint/powder coating shops. A Grom/scooter designer will be machining my flywheel and oil spinner for weight reduction and balance.

Both Grom spare rims are being taking apart "bearing seal, bearing, and sleeve removal before rims being sent out for powder coating.

always best to order directly from the source.
can't risk ordering from some vendor that might not deliver. had it happen with some car stuff

·
Registered
136 Posts

Thanks for the info. I may look and see if they have the yellow bodywork... I went to the Corbin website and I have to say that the Corbin seat looks really good!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts