Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

pretty the same, think yami does a grom fighter?
If they do better be a 250cc, 6 speed, same size tires as the Grom or go up to 13" wheels so as to get better choice of tires.

I think Kawi has a better chance with their proven 250cc ninja engine that they discontinued in the USA for the Ninja 300 FI. I think they re-vamped the the 250cc with FI for Asian market.:motorcycle2_smilie:

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea but set up like that you think they can come in at Groms price point?
If they move manufacturing in Thailand, yes, redesign team can do it plus with the price that a lot of the Honda dealers want $4,100-$4,500 OTD price in Calif I know they can.

·
Registered
78 Posts
FZ09 is a triple. Its more closely compared to the Triumph Street Triple. It's not the same class as Grom although you can see the similarities.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I know Yamaha is set on making a smaller and bigger version of the FZ, could it be possible that we'll see a mini-FZ that can compete directly with the Grom?
To me it seems like this is very possible

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
they have similar styling cues but the FZ09 is larger and much more powerful and alot more torque.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The two bikes are very similar except for the whole size thing. I feel like Honda could make a bigger version of the Grom (does that already exist?) while Yamaha makes a smaller version of the FZ-09. Seems smart for both brands.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Similar type of styling but just different in my eyes. Not feeling the whole FZ-09, its for old folks lol
I don't know about this FZ-09 is for old folks line. If the FZ-09 is just a bigger version (not really, but you get it) of the Grom, than how can it be for old people. Do old people ride full size bikes and young people ride 3/4 bikes like the Grom.

It would be fun to take out the FZ-09 with some Grom and you'd have mini-mes driving around with you.

·
Registered
255 Posts

It does look like a nice bike not bad from yami and for the price its advertised at . I think this is a bang for your buck type of bike. torquey too. The color scheme stands out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts