Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a full yoshimura exhaust for my grom. I was looking for performance gains more than sound but couldn't find much on that so I will give you my opinion.
I feel the pipe gained more torque and mid range, not a ton but noticeable. It's takes off better and you don't have to give it a ton of gas to get it going from a stop. The top end to me seems to be the same as far as speed goes.
As far as the sound, it sounds like a 250 four stroke dirt bike. Pretty loud! Maybe I'm old but riding it in town is what I use mine for and sounds awesome. My wife uses hers to commute to work and she nor I would use the yoshimura for wide open stretches on a daily basis unless you plan on wearing earplugs.

I have many years of motorcycle experience so hope you don't think I'm blowing smoke.

Current bikes
1991 ct70 stock
1991 ct70 bored
1990 vmax
2013 ktm 300xc
2014 grom black
2014 grom red

· Registered
998 Posts
I always wondered why riders like to make their motorcycle noisy including Harleys. My hayabusa has been stock with the pipes since I bought it. I do not ride slow and average speed is 80-100mph and since my bike is quiet it keeps the people, my neighbors, cops happy plus if I do have to leave the scene of some trouble I'm in stealth mode.

Most of my friends with aftermarket pipes and stuff have been pulled over by the local cops and CHP for noisy pipes and such.

Just lessons learned, sometimes stealth helps, it keeps your neighbors happy.

· Registered
336 Posts
I love my Sato's on my RC. Nice and quiet while droning along, and not ear-splitting at WOT. Would like something like that for my Grom.

I rode somebody's CBR250 a while back with a Yosh pipe and it was stupid loud. Made a ton of noise and hardly went anywhere.

· Registered
96 Posts
I agree. Yoshimura really missed the mark with the Grom system. It looks like it was made for a different (bigger) bike. You are correct it sounds like a dirtbike. No thanks, this is a ROAD bike. Mine is shelved. I curently have the Moriwaki and it looks and sounds perfect for the GROM. It's a shame as I'm a huge Yoshimura fan/user.

· Registered
134 Posts
Used to have a shirt that said "loud pipes save lives" Sometimes being seen and heard helps prevent accidents. Every bike I've ever had I put a aftermarket pipe on it, not saying it's right for everyone but to each there own. As far as pissing off neighbors and cops, most of them piss me off tenfold on a daily basis.

· Registered
248 Posts
I always wondered why riders like to make their motorcycle noisy including Harleys. My hayabusa has been stock with the pipes since I bought it. I do not ride slow and average speed is 80-100mph and since my bike is quiet it keeps the people, my neighbors, cops happy plus if I do have to leave the scene of some trouble I'm in stealth mode.

Most of my friends with aftermarket pipes and stuff have been pulled over by the local cops and CHP for noisy pipes and such.

Just lessons learned, sometimes stealth helps, it keeps your neighbors happy.
Loud pipes save lives. I'm livin' it, man. My HD buddies? Sheez...loud is an understatement. I will say that nobody has pulled out in front of me on my Grom since I have installed my aftermarket slipon. But, see I don't live in CA, so I really can't comment on that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.