Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You need to get the back end up. I accomplished this with the cheap Harbor Freight paddock stand with the pads on it. That worked well.

Remove the right shroud. It doesn't say in the manual, but you also need to remove the left shroud for easy access to the upper shock bolt head.

Remove drive chain cover, rear brake reservoir from the frame, regulator/rectifier and stay from the frame.

Of course the tail will settle when you get the bolts out. A second pair of hands would have been helpful here, and during the installation of the YSS shock.

Install in reverse order. It was a bit of a pain for me to shoulder the tail up while trying to install the shock and feed the bolts in without seeing. But I succeeded. :D I also wound up having to remove the Tyga can to facilitate getting the shock in. I don't know if you will need to do that with the OEM can.

I will test fly it tomorrow. I installed it with the factory settings. Just seeing the spring, I anticipate a stiffer ride. It was a bit soft for me and my weight with the OEM shock. I don't know anything about setting these things up, so I will probably take it to a friend who does know. Torque values for the upper and lower shock bolts is 34 ft/lbs.

Pics of the install.

Look Ma, no shock!

Reactions: jthspace

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm riding it tomorrow. I'll report in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.