Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode all day today and purposely hit every pothole and bump I could find. The bike stayed planted the whole time, with no tendency for the rear end to wander around. It's a pretty stiff ride, but not uncomfortably so. I installed it with the factory settings, and until I get more time on it, I don't see a need to change anything at this time. I should probably go through the whole setup exercise, but I would need knowledgeable help for that.

The OEM shock was definitely softer. Keep in mind, I'm not a tech expert on this stuff. I'm just reporting how it felt to me. I was actually paying attention to it for a change.

I like the shock. I'm glad I picked it up.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Which shock did you get? I was looking at a YSS one too.

·
Registered
995 Posts
thanks for the mini review of the shock, it seems like a great upgrade from stock. What did you end up paying for the YSS shock?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
thanks for your insights. give us an update once you get more time with it. Im interested to see how it effects the balance of the bike by having it stiffer.

·
Registered
74 Posts
$179 + Shipping isn't too bad, i bet even as they hit the used market buying a new one will still be the way to go unless it's local and at a good price.

·
Registered
28 Posts
how much do you weigh?
I want to understand if the stock shock sucks or if it's just rated for lightweights?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
how much do you weigh?
I want to understand if the stock shock sucks or if it's just rated for lightweights?
My curb weight is 210.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts