Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried any of Yuminashi's bore kits for the Grom? Going through their site I see they offer a light bore to 150cc ($270), big bore to 180cc ($307) and a super to 200cc ($307) .::: YUMINASHI GLOBAL OFFICIAL WEBSITE - .::: MSX125 / Honda GROM CYLINDER KITS

the light bore 150 can be used with the stock head and valves, the 180 kit needs Yuminashis own larger head but will work with the Groms stock crankcase, while the 200cc kit requires a new Yuminashi head and crankcase...

something I would be interested in experimenting with, just never played with the bore on a bike motor before. Any input would be appreciated!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Im waiting until yoshimura or two brothers makes a kit. Yumonashi whos that? Lol
I dunno about yosh but I would not get it from two brothers.

The yumonashi cyl kits are bolt on and on thier site they indicate what else you would need when getting these BBK's I myself will be waiting on a supplier to get these for me I am interested in a 180 kit and head with cam and injector the head will be ported as well when i get it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I dunno about yosh but I would not get it from two brothers.

The yumonashi cyl kits are bolt on and on thier site they indicate what else you would need when getting these BBK's I myself will be waiting on a supplier to get these for me I am interested in a 180 kit and head with cam and injector the head will be ported as well when i get it.
The ones you see on eBay from Motorsport something is yuminashis only US dealer but they're selling the kits for 325 for just the 150.. Maybe contact them about the 180 and all the other parts

·
Registered
160 Posts
I seen that video but do you really know if the speedo is acurate? he could have changed gearing causing it to read differently. I have not searched it on ebay as i dont like to buy parts there.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
heres the video for those who havent seen it

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6trXxQyFQ8]Yuminashi Factory Footage MSX125/GROM125 180cc - YouTube[/ame]

Even if the speedo isnt acurate, look how hes passing people on what looks like a highway. I've seen other Grom videos and it certainly cant do that by itself.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I seen that video but do you really know if the speedo is acurate? he could have changed gearing causing it to read differently. I have not searched it on ebay as i dont like to buy parts there.
The bike was resprocketed, it showed like 97 or something but reality it was doing a bit over 80, 80 is still hauling but certainly isn't 97

Why wouldn't you buy parts off eBay? eBay is the greatest place to shop next to amazon

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.